Feeling Meh? How-To Get Into The Holiday Spirit
The holiday season looks a little (or a lot) different for everyone this year. It’s normal to be feeling a little “meh” if you aren’t able to celebrate like usual. Here are some ways you can kick-start your holiday spirit!
- Create a holiday playlist. I never thought I would miss hearing holiday music as I shopped but since I’m avoiding unnecessary travel, I’ve come to realize how much I miss hearing these songs. Make a playlist of your favorite holiday classics and turn up the stereo!
If you don’t have the time to create a playlist, don't worry our Shop Artists have you covered! Check out our 2020 Holiday Playlist curated by Shop Artists:
- Decorate! Get crafty and decorate the inside/outside of your home. On a tight budget? Pick one area to focus on and go all out. String popcorn, cranberries, and dried orange slices. Create paper snowflakes and hang them around your home.
- Take in your city’s holiday decor. Take a walk or a drive around your neighborhood to view holiday decorations and lights. You can use this handy 2020 Christmas Light Map if you are in the Chicagoland area!
- Make a seasonal meal. Embrace the cooler weather and turn on that oven. Make a classic family dish or try something new! Not sure where to start? Check out Taste of Home’s 100 Easy Dinners to Try this Winter for some fresh ideas.
- Holiday Movie Marathon! Take a cue from yesterday’s post: How-To Enjoy Holiday Traditions From Your Couch and have a holiday themed movie marathon. My guilty pleasure is the endless amount of holiday themed Lifetime movies running during this time of year, I mean..come on!
We'd love to see how you're celebrating the holidays! Tag ShopColumbia on any of our social media pages and use the hashtag #HowToHoliday2020 on your posts.