Sell Your Work
Are you a Columbia College Chicago student, alumni, faculty or staff? Would you like to sell your work at ShopColumbia? Students earn 75% of every sale. Alumni, faculty and staff earn 50%.
Since ShopColumbia opened fall of 2008, Shop artists have earned over $350,000 from the sale of their work! ShopColumbia is continually seeking new and fresh designs by Columbia College Chicago artists including students, alumni, faculty and staff. We have a rolling submission process so you can submit your work at any time!
Artist Submission Process
To ensure the highest quality of work, all work submitted to the store is reviewed by the ShopColumbia Review Board Committee.
1. Select your best work. What work do you want to represent you as an artist? Is the work reflective of your current skill? Is the work that you are submitting a cohesive body of work?
2. Go to shopcolumbia.submittable.com to submit your work online for review by Shop staff. Please review each category thoroughly to make sure you are submitting your work to the correct Shop opportunity.
3. ShopColumbia staff will contact you regarding the status of your online submission.
4. Final decision for consignment will be made by ShopColumbia’s Review Board Committee. The Board is looking for originality, quality craftsmanship and cohesiveness.
Note, that due to the regulations that govern student employment for international students on a student visa, we are unable to accept items for sale from F-1 and J-1 students unless they are on approved pre or post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT). Please contact [email protected] if you need further clarification on the regulations that govern international student employment.
ShopColumbia restricts the sale of the following products as deemed by the Review Board:
- Food items or perishable products
- Products with text or images that infringe on any intellectual property rights including, but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, and rights of privacy/publicity
- Businesses with multi-tiered sales structures
- Items that are unsafe or contain hazardous materials
- Products with content that is libelous or defamatory; contain or promote hate speech; can reasonably be viewed as harassing, threatening, or otherwise harmful; and can reasonably be viewed as discriminatory based upon race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability
- Products that violates any federal, state, county or municipal law, ordinance or regulation, violates any college policy, regulation or rule as outlined in the Student Handbook and Columbia's Student Code of Conduct
- Per Academic Affairs and the Office of the Provost: Columbia College Chicago Faculty are unable to sell self-published materials
- Due to the regulations that govern student employment for international students on a student visa, we are unable to accept items for sale from F-1 and J-1 students unless they are on approved pre or post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT). Please contact [email protected] if you need further clarification on the regulations that govern international student employment.