Commission Portrait by JD Glass
Whether you are looking to dress up your social media avatar or commission a portrait of a friend or loved one, you can now commission a ShopColumbia artist to create a custom portrait for you in their distinct style. Choose from the various portrait options including: above the shoulders, above the waist, full body, and with an additional pet, prop or hand lettering.
- Digital portrait only. Customers are welcome to print to print the portrait after completion.
- Artist is able to create a portrait commission with the additional options above shoulders, above the waist or full body and with or without an additional prop, pet or hand lettering.
- Customers can request a portrait in the style of any of the example images.
- Estimated production time frame: 5-7 days
- Once a portrait is purchased, ShopColumbia staff will follow up to verify the commission details and request a photo or photos to provide the artists. Once completed, ShopColumbia will email the final portrait.
- Please note that most artists are either in school or recent alumni and their availability may change at any time. If for any reason the artist is unable to complete the commission, ShopColumbia staff will refund the customer or suggest an alternate available artist.
- If you are an academic department or business and are interested in having multiple portraits created of your staff, please email [email protected] for bulk commissions.
Artist Major: Fine Arts / Business ’20
Artist Statement: As a creator, as an artist, I’ve always thought and felt, consider it a sacred charge, to not only reflect truth, but also and more importantly, to give voice, to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves. That is my sacred charge: to reflect, to give voice, to validate, to inspire. To give the message: you are not alone, and yes, you will make it through. Because this is my charge, I want to broaden media and reach, so that this message, this reflection and validation, can reach out further, wider, and therefore be received by those who need it the most. I want to continue to bear witness, and to give voice, especially to those who have none.