About this tour:
Wabash Arts Corridor is the South Loop’s vibrant public arts program, known for murals, installations and happenings that transform the urban landscape. This tour is designed for locals and tourists alike, and for anyone who enjoys exploring art in urban areas. The tour will view some of WAC’s most famous towering murals as well as hidden gems tucked away in alleys, revealing behind the scenes stories about how some of the most iconic murals came to be. The tour will introduce how Columbia College Chicago initiated the project, in partnership with the City of Chicago and hundreds of community partners. Audience will get immersed in this creative art scene and learn about the local, national and international artists who have helped grow this public art program into one of the largest in a downtown area in just 5 years.
$12 Students K-12 and current Columbia College students
Children 5 and under are free
Please select in store pick-up. No ticket will be mailed. Your order confirmation will serve as your ticket to the event.
Saturday, June 15, 2019, 11am
Thursday, June 20, 2019, 5:30
Saturday, June 29, 2019,11am
Saturday, July 13, 2019, 11am
Thursday, July 18, 2019, 5:30pm
Saturday, July 27, 2019, 11am
Saturday, August 10, 2019, 11am
Thursday, August 15, 2019, 5:30
Saturday, August 24, 2019, 11am
* Additional dates by request at other dates/times
• Tours are 90 minutes and participants will walk about a mile.
• All tours meet at 623 S. Wabash and will happen rain or shine. Tours conclude at 13th St. and Michigan Ave.
• All tickets are purchased online through ShopColumbia. There is a cap of 15 people per tour, so purchasing tickets in advance is highly recommended.
• The professionally-trained and enthusiastic tour guides are volunteers, with all ticket sales proceeds benefiting the Wabash Arts Corridor.
• The tour is wheelchair accessible and restrooms are available for tour participants in Columbia College buildings.
• The tour is family friendly.
• Webpage for info: http://wabashartscorridor.org/tours/
• For groups larger than 10, please contact the Wabash Arts Corridor to arrange a tour at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Contact for all inquiries: email@example.com
Tours will run rain or shine. There are no refunds or exchanges for tour tickets. Wabash Arts Corridor reserves the right to cancel tours based on severe weather. In this instance, a WAC representative will contact you to reschedule your visit or issue a refund. Notification of cancellation will be sent via the email address provided.